The PTE is an English proficiency test that assesses your speaking, writing, listening and reading abilities. Many people must take it in order to study abroad in an English speaking country like Australia, or when they wish to get PR visa of such a country. Western Academy hopes to give you detailed information and coaching about how you can prepare for the test and feel comfortable that you know what you’re getting into!
The test consists of four sections:
Do you need coaching for preparing for the PTE? Look no further, we have all the tips and tricks that you require for achieving your target scores!
Following are some tips to use while attempting PTE:-
- Fluency is your primacy in speaking module. Avoid taking long pauses while answering to the question. Also, don’t re-correct if you have said anything incorrect.
- Focus on your pitch. Be natural while speaking and pay attention to where and when to stress on a particular sentence. You are a human, not a robot.
- Open your mouth properly while speaking. The computer only understands the sounds of the English language and not your voice. Don’t whisper your response while the computer records it will result in losing scores.
- For writing summary, practice using difficult, complex and compound sentences. Your response must be conveyed within one sentence, so you have to use a complex or compound sentence to summarize the main idea of the passage.
- Plan your essay before you start writing it. Understand the topic and spend around 2 minutes to generate main ideas. This is important because you will be unable to get score if your essay goes off-topic.
- Be watchful with typos. As PTE – A is a computer-based test; any typographic error will be taken as a spelling error by the computer.
- In the reading module, time management is very crucial and major factor to consider. Do not spend more than 2 minutes on one question.
- First of all read the question before you read the passage. This will help you to know what information you are looking for and also can save your time.
- Familiarize yourself with the native English language accent for the listening module. Because you can answer a question correctly only when you understand what is stated there in the audio.
- Practice note-taking. All the recordingswill be played once only in the listening module. You cannot remember the whole audio. So notes-taking will benefit you to answer the questions.
Western Academy has a complete test preparation system that is flexible and will lead you to success.